Search the WHOIS database to find out the registration information for an existing domain name. Different types of domain names return slightly different results, a brief WHOIS glossary is provided below.
Search the Database
- Creation Date - this is the date the domain was first registered.
- Expiration Date - this is the date the domain will expire unless it is renewed.
- Registrar - this is accredited organisation or company that can register domain names directly at the registries on behalf of its customers.
- Registrant - this is the legal owner of the domain name and this is usually the end-user or customer.
- Registry - this is the organisation that manages the top level of a domain name. For example Verisign manages com
- Updated Date - this is the date the domain was last updated, by for example updating a the registrant address or nameserver information.
- WHOIS - an Internet protocol for finding information about Internet servers and domains, more...